Re: [Tigers] starter

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] starter
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 17:44:24 -0800
On 11/18/2010 4:58 PM, Clyde McLaughlin wrote:
> I think the main difference in starters for the smf is relating to the number
> of teeth on the flywheel,  I believe auto and std trans are different numbers
> of teeth,  I think one is 164 teeth,  don't remember the other,  Clyde
The SBF starter for manual transmission application has a machined step
where it fits into the block plate.  This step is 4.085" in diameter.
The starter for automatic application has a different depth of
engagement for a flex plate and has a larger diameter step to prevent
it's installation in a manual application.

--
Tom Hall
ModTiger Engineering LLC