[Tigers] Yet Another Ford?

To: Tiger's Den <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Yet Another Ford?
From: Steve Laifman <slaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 18:07:57 -0800
I've had a lot of Ford Products, in my day.

    * 1941 Ford Convertible
    * 1956 Ford 4 Door hardtop, with Thunderbird styling cues (Came with
      the Wife) (9-)
    * 1971 Ford LTD
    * 1966 For Mustang Convertible GT
    * 1966 Sunbeam Tiger  (BRG)
    * 2005 Ford Thunderbird  (RED) with "RED TOI" personalized plate.

Of course I don't still have them all.  Just the last 2 on the list -
and this one:

That is until this Sunday, when we purchased a new 2011 Ford Edge SEL.
And it is metallic bright RED.
Just bought a License plate that says "RED TOI 2"  ( 9-) The Tiger still
has the original California plates.

So, I have an "All Ford" stable of three cars.  The Tiger, as we know,
has the Ford Engine and Tranny.
The Thunderbird has the Jaguar running gear, and the Edge SEL is
partially made in Canada, eh!

The Auto Club offered me a policy for the Tiger as a collectible sports
car with a "totaled" agreed value as stated ($50,000) . A $1,000
deductible Comprehensive and $1,000 Collision,  and annual mileage of
2,000 for $214 with all my normal BI, PD, Medical, Uninsured Motorist
(damaging me).

I'd like some comments on the insurance, vs Haggerty (who would not take
my other cars). I've never had any claims.

The new car has so many gadgets, it will take a year to figure them all
out.  But it does come with a blue-tooth built-in voice dial for BOTH
the Motorola and iPhone cell phones.  It automatically takes the names
and phone number from both the cell phones lists, keeping them separate!

The "Paddle Shift" shift lever also has the ability to "manually" change
gears.

Now, another dilemma! Which do I drive, and when?  I know! Whenever and
whatever the better 3/5 lets me!

Cheers,

Steve

--