Re: [Tigers] heater/de-mister fan

To: Rollright@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] heater/de-mister fan
From: Tom Parker <tkparker1941@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 12:22:42 -0500
Jim,

Pretty sure you already know this, but here goes anyway:

VickyBrit sells a replacement motor, pn: 12-080, it ain't cheap, @ $70.00,
but it worked when I had to replace mine. There's a compression clamp that
goes on the shaft that could be loose, causing the motor shaft to spin in
the squirrel cage, and the heater switch or wiring could be bad. You're
right, though, the blower's pretty anemic even with a new motor, and not as
quiet as I'd like.

See also C.A.T> Shop Notes, P. N-35.

Tom

'67 Mark 2 with an incontinent thermostat housing...