Re: [Tigers] making air cleaner more theft proof

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] making air cleaner more theft proof
From: Larry Mayfield <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 07:49:57 -0800
To all,
the nut on my air cleaner is a simple hex nut. Has been since I
purchased the car.  To tighten and remove without tools, I simply push
down on the top of the air cleaner until the tension is off a tad and
remove it with my fingers. If you use a locking nut, yeah that will work
just fine however when you go to remove it , the entire stud will
unscrew from the carb body itself and then the perp has both the ac AND
the stud.   So, I suggest that perhaps you surf McMaserCarr.com for
those kind of screws / bolts used in places where the fasteners are not
supposed to be removed. Like the kind on security screens, doors, etc.
Or sometimes you see them in restrooms in the stalls. Can be turned to
tighten but needs a special tool to remove.  Or, put on one of those
cheapie aftermarket ones for daily driving or experiences and put the
good one on for the show and shines.

mayf