Re: [Tigers] =?utf-8?q?Air_cleaner_lock?=

To: arado7@sbcglobal.net,CoolVT@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] =?utf-8?q?Air_cleaner_lock?=
From: "=?utf-8?B?c3Bvb2swMUBjb21jYXN0Lm5ldA==?=" <spook01@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 12:17:01 -0600
I have such confidence in my air cleaner, and only drive my car to shows chock
full of thieves...did I mention I never lock it and I can't find a nos hood
latch?..
Anyway, I used a bit of valve grinding compound to roughen the threaded area
inside the carb, then rinsed it thoroughly with carbon tetrachloride.
I did the same with the stud, nut and washer.
Next, I turned my attention to the element; a known entry point for cleaner
thieves.
I cleaned and roughened both top and bottom of the element, top and bottom.
Then putting j.b. weld on all threads and all joints, I screwed it down.
I even glued my carb down!
Hah!  Got it!

The bastards stole my intake!!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone