Re: [Tigers] rear end gear ratio and TigersUnited

To: barncobob@aol.com, Tiger's Den <tigers@autox.team.net>, BOB
Subject: Re: [Tigers] rear end gear ratio and TigersUnited
From: Steve Laifman <slaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 13:54:10 -0800
Tigers and Bob,

There are lot's of responses, but if you want to check out YOUR gear
ratio, 4 & 5 speed, tire/wheel size and shift speeds vs the rpm's you
think your good for, here is a MARVELOUS resource by  Bob Hokanson. It
is quite thorough and even provides a link to a free MS Excel Reader
that works for both PC and Mac O/S.  The "calculator" lets one change
the rpm, transmission gear ratio selector, switch to another tranny
gear, and "shift".

The data set default is Tiger Mk I "close ratio" (not) and the MkII
"wide ratio" (not), the Mustang 5 speed, the Motorsport 5 speed, and the
JBA 1352-000-204 5 speed transmissions.

Lot's of fun, and utility.  I've had both the stock Mk I 4spd, and the
MkII.  I like the MkII "wide ratio - not" for around town and highway.
Could stand a little longer 4th by using a 5 spd, but the MkII is
perfectly adequate.

http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/HokansonGearSpeedXL/pt-HokansonGearSpeedXL.asp

Use it, it's fun too!  THANKS BOB.

Steve