Re: [Tigers] CAT Headers and alum heads

To: Tom Parker <tkparker1941@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] CAT Headers and alum heads
From: Allan Ballard <allanballard@att.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 16:18:05 -0500
Tom,

Pictures would be great.

The heads are Edelbrock Performer heads.

Based on another email, the CATs are 1.25 in. x 1.48 and my tape measure
records 1 1/4 x 1 1.4 for
the heads.

Allkan

On Jan 6, 2011, at 4:06 PM, Tom Parker wrote:

> Allan,
>
> What size heads are you looking at? There are size constraints built into
the Tiger.

> I'm using Edelbrock E-Street heads (not planning on racing or anything
extravagant) with Sunbeam Specialties headers. They're the same size
externally as the Edelbock Performer heads but without the polishing. I
measured against the stock heads, same external dimensions, larger rectangular
ports. The headers were about the same size as the Edelbrock ports.

> If memory serves Ford Windsor size heads wont fit under the Tiger firewall
(I'm sure you know this but it bears repeating) and the Edelbrock Performer
RPM Intake manifold is too tall to allow the carb to fit under the stock hood.
See Tim suddard's article in Classic Motorsports.

> Looking at my SS headers I have to say no, they can't be enlarged. The tubes
are so wide that they used 1/8" hex head bolts and it was impossible to get a
socket on two of them. If you were to "square up the ports on the stock Ford
heads you'd be into the bolt holes.

> I can send you pictures offline if you wish showing the port size of the
E-Street heasd and stock Ford heads. I think rthey'll show what I'm trying to
explain.