Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest,brake comvertion

To: "'hanjan2'" <hanjan2@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest,brake comvertion
From: "Samouce's" <wsamouce@kc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 17:31:07 -0600
That is the is hurdle for this conversion.

Right now, I am planning on running the RX7 cable to the driver's side only.
I think that the longer RX7 cable may be long enough to reach the handbrake
mechanism.  Just a quick trial and it looks close.  I have a clevis adapter
that I can attach to the stock cable (have to cut off the sheath and cable
to fit) and then the end of the RX7 cable if it is too short.  Because the
RX7 cable outer sheath is clamped to the caliper, I will not need that on
the hand brake side.  I will only know if this will work once I have the
caliper mounted and then start to work it.

Here is a pic of the cable connection on the caliper. -
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy249/samouce/001-10.jpg

The opposite end of the cable with the adapter I purchased from Harbor
Freight for $7. -
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy249/samouce/002-15.jpg

HTH's
Duke