Re: [Tigers] Overpriced Mercum 80K Tiger??

To: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>, Tiger's Den
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Overpriced Mercum 80K Tiger??
From: Steve Laifman <slaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 13:26:56 -0800
After reviewing each picture (link from Michael), and the prices paid
for resto-trucks and flat beds, I've concluded that there is no
accounting for taste.

The Tiger was in junk-yard state before restoration.  I guess the value
of something truly is in the eye of the beholder.

"Wow, that is some good-looking gal!"

Reply:
"Yes, she had the area's best plastic surgeon, and those "D" inserts are
the finest money can by.  Just don't ask her to smile, or her face will
shatter!"

That being said, consider a Tiger with a re-finish of a faded color
paint and in otherwise factory original condition.  What might it sell
for? At last we (after the fact) now understand the transformation.

My take on this is, if a heavily damaged and "rebuilt" Tiger sells for
that, what might be the market value for a prime, original, unmolested
Tiger?

*http://community.webshots.com/album/579664086AeAeVd*

Steve

/Steve Laifman/