Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 5, Issue 90

To: LIST TIGER <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 5, Issue 90
From: John Crawley <alittlemoreink@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 19:40:23 +0000
Hi:

The only thing I would change from this is what I did with my dash cover. I
did NOT punch the dash top cover for the tonneau cover lift-a-dot pins. These
holes tend to start cracks early on in the life of the dash cover. Instead I
replaced the inner screws that hold the defroster grills in place with
lift-a-dot pins and extended the tabs on the tonneau cover so that they
reached the new pin positions. Not original but it has worked without cracks
for 20 years. For concours you will have to go with what the factory did.

Godspeed Fast & Far
Jc