Re: [Tigers] 5 speed transmission

To: <Carmods@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 5 speed transmission
From: "jim" <jim@island.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 06:50:21 -0800
The S10 tail housing to T5 is a fairly common swap as many hotrodders with
older bench seat cars need that forward shifter location. The speedo drive
gear has to be relocated on the output shaft to line up with the S10 driven
gear. There are several articles on the 'net about it. In a Tiger, the end
of the speedo cable has to be changed to a GM style 7/8" nut setup. I used
the AMC tail housing which is a little trickier as the T5 speedo drive gear
won't mesh with the Chrysler style driven gear that the AMC uses. I had to
use a 700R4 drive gear and epoxy a shim on the output shaft to take up the
difference in the diameter. The S10 gear also needs a shim to work. I can
dig up some info for anyone that wants it...

Jim
B382000446