Re: [Tigers] A new world record for Book Of Norman!!!!!

To: Jim Sencindiver <jd.sencindiver@gmail.com>, Jeffrey Nichols
Subject: Re: [Tigers] A new world record for Book Of Norman!!!!!
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 10:23:18 -0600
Looks like the vultures are quick to try and ride this sale, too:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.m748&i
tem=220748471352&viewitem=&_trkparms=clkid%3D7501295684763315803

The bid history is interesting. The first 'high' bid (one that others
repeatedly tried to outbid) was $750 at Feb 25; then the eventual winner put
in a bid for 1000 and upped it to 1200. Then another guy got into it with a
bid at 1579; the would-be winner countered with 1750 (which would have given
him the lead) then put in a higher bid at 2295. The counter-bidder retook the
lead with 2579, then re-upped his bid to 2900. Then a bit of a race took
place. After the first buy tried to counter at 2695, the counterbidder raised
his bid to $3395, which was topped by the winning bid (and we don't know how
high that was - eBay gives the high bidder a price that is a minimum increment
above the second-place bid).

Hopefully everybody had fun, the previous owner of this book gets an
unexpected windfall, and this doesn't set the tone for subsequent Tiger lit
auctions.

I had this happen a few years ago when I sold a set of dual quads. They were
near-unrebuildable and I clearly stated that; but just because they had the
right part numbers on the base, bidding shot up to $600.

Cheers,
THeo