Re: [Tigers] Head gasket has me scrathin my head.

To: "'Tom Parker'" <tkparker1941@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Head gasket has me scrathin my head.
From: "Samouce's" <wsamouce@kc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 22:37:55 -0500
Thanks Tom,

I can go to bed and sleep now.

Duke

From: Tom Parker [mailto:tkparker1941@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 10:32 PM
To: Samouce's
Cc: Tiger Talk List Tiger

Duke,

Your picture shows the gasket installed properly. See "How To Rebuild the
Small Block Ford" by George Reid - I think it's available online - p: 115.
"... Front means Front with small block Ford gaskets." (the label on the
gasket... the gasket sticks out at the bottom front of the head...), "The
coolant passages MUST (caps mine) be positioned at the rear of the block for
proper coolant flow."

If you're using aftermarket heads (mine are Edelbrock) on an early 289 (and
probably 260) you may have to drill a small "escape" hole to the water
jacket on #1 & #5 cylinders. Make sure you read the install instructions
carefully.

Tom

' 67 Mark 2