[Tigers] Hurst Competition Plus Install Kit

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Hurst Competition Plus Install Kit
From: genepadgett@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 00:24:57 +0000 (UTC)
Owen, the kit needed to install the competition plus shifter is Hurst part
number 3733167, long out of production.B  The shifter mounting plate and
linkage are all totally different from stock.B B  I was surprised to see one
on ebay recently.B B  It went for $230-$240 if I call correctly.

You might check with David Kee Toploader Transmissions to see if he can
help.B B  His web site mentions these shifters.

I actually have an incomplete extra kit.B B B It is complete except it came
with the wrong reverseB rod which I did not discover until too late to do
anything about it.B B  I periodicallyB look for one on ebay and see one ever
so often in a large collection of other rods that usually go for way too much
money for the one rod I would want.B B  Cannot get it from Hurst, Summit,
Jegs, etc.B B B  Given reverse is not used all that much, I have had a go or
two at fabricating one, but have not done so to my satisfaction.B B  Long
story short, if I ever get one made to my satisfaction, or find aB Hurst
madeB reverse rod, I could make anB install kit available to whomever wants
it.

Gene