Re: [Tigers] Temp Gauge Accuracy

To: Stu Brennan <stubrennan@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Temp Gauge Accuracy
From: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 11:02:41 +1100
it also depends on what sender you are using, and where it is mounted. From
what i understand the autometer senders that people often use mounted on the
manifold do not read well with the original gauges. If you still have the
temp sender in the original T fitting the issue should not be as bad..
though gauges over time...

I just checked mine 2 weeks back with an infrared gun.. i have an original
NOS temp gauge i installed recently.. i have an autometer sender mounted at
the front of the manifold. The gun read 10deg C warmer at the sender than i
was getting at the gauge.