[Tigers] Next question....clutch slave cylinder.

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Next question....clutch slave cylinder.
From: "Samouce's" <wsamouce@kc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 20:52:22 -0500
First of all, thanks for all the team's input on my never ending questions.

Per Gary Crandall's articles in TT on Upgrade from a 5 to 6 old block, I
have decided to go with a different clutch fork.

Take a look the next two pictures and the reason is obvious.
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy249/samouce/Tigers%20Teeth/004-2.jpg
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy249/samouce/Tigers%20Teeth/005-2.jpg
The bracket is much more robust and attachment to the bracket better with
the clip.

The only stickler is the spring that holds the slave cylinder rod ball-thing
attached to the clutch fork (CF).  I modified it by drilling a hole and then
using safety wire to help secure it. The socket on the CF is also much
smaller than the original CF.
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy249/samouce/Tigers%20Teeth/015.jpg
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy249/samouce/Tigers%20Teeth/013.jpg

I am concerned about the angle of the slave cylinder rod, the original was
the same and the rod was even bent.  Is this a normal angle for this rod.  I
do not see any way to change or move the slave cylinder to correct it.

I am using the CAT Club Mk II slave cylinder bracket.

I also had to use 1" spacers in between the slave cylinder bracket and the
scatter shield to get the correct 1 1/4' distance from the block.
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy249/samouce/Tigers%20Teeth/012-2.jpg

So let me know what your thought are on using this CF because I sure do not
want to have to pull the engne to change back to the original.

TIA!

Duke
B382002037