[Tigers] Trunk Seal

To: jliny5@cox.net
Subject: [Tigers] Trunk Seal
From: Jeffrey Nichols <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 12:52:46 -0700 (PDT)
"First day back I close the trunk and at the passenger side
corner the lid jumps over seal and goes metal to metal with body...2" chip
out
of paint. The same thing happened while still in the shop as they were
finishing up. They redid the work and thought they had corrected the issue.
Obviously, still having some fitting issues. Gap on drivers side appears
wider. OBTW the seal is in excellent condition."

My car had a similar issue when I first bought it.  The trunk seal was new and
installed by a previous owner.  I couldn't figure out what was wrong and
thought maybe the hinges were sprung.  It turned out the trunk seal was the
wrong type.  I ordered a new trunk seal from Sunbeam Specialties and that
fixed the problem.

                                                   Jeff