Re: [Tigers] Road Wheel Nut Torque

To: genepadgett@comcast.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Road Wheel Nut Torque
From: phastphill@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 21:03:25 -0400
---- Original Message ----
From: genepadgett@comcast.net
To: tigers@autox.team.net
Sent: Thu, Apr 21, 2011 3:30 pm
Subject: [Tigers] Road Wheel Nut Torque

Hi All, anyone know if the stock 7/16 wheel studs can safely take the lug nuts
eing torqued to more than the 48 lbs. ft specified in the shop manual if one
is
ow using aftermarket wheels and lug nuts? Torque charts today say to go to
0-80 ft. pounds on 7/16 studs. Maybe the 48 lbs. ft. stock figure is due to
imits imposed by strength of the OEM nut or wheel rather than stud strength?
heers, Gene
igers@autox.team.net
onate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
rchive: http://www.team.net/archive
orums: http://www.team.net/forums
nsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/phastphill@aol.com
I have always just used  my1/2 in rattle gun and a80lb torque stick...never
had a prob have always just used  my1/2 in rattle gun and a80lb torque
stick...never had a prob