Re: [Tigers] Rear spring lubrication

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Rear spring lubrication
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 21:13:46 -0700
Gene,

Since my Tiger is not running I can't tell you the results, but this is what
I did:

1. Found faucet washer in as close size as I could get. I figured a faucet
washer sees a lot of friction and pressure and holds up well.

2. Packed center hole with grease. I believe I used plumbers grease thinking
that it would not react negatively with the rubber washer.

If I has it to do over I now have a small lathe and would likely find an
appropriate plastic (Teflon???) and turn it to size.  I look forward to
seeing what others have to say.

Tom