Re: [Tigers] Decoding a Vin ...

To: <drmayf@mayfco.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Decoding a Vin ...
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 23:52:10 -0400
Mayf
        Excellent question.  Generally all the letters and numbers are
significant in a Vin number.

All Alpines and Tigers are a B code first letter; maybe it refers to the
plant in which the body was made.  You would need to see all the Vin numbers
for all the models Rootes produced to see if there is a pattern.

        We know that the suffix letters each have a meaning and yes, there
is a B9470000 listed in TBON; maybe Norm can fill in about that Tiger.

Ron Fraser