Re: [Tigers] Exhaust Set Up

To: "'Joel Martin'" <jmartiniii@yahoo.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Exhaust Set Up
From: "RObin Young" <robin02@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 12:41:48 -0400
Joel,  the shop I used said the best place for any cross-over tube is 17"
back from the heads so that back pressure is reduced ahead of the next
exhaust stroke. I used equal length headers and the spot for the cross over
worked out just behind the collector. I used 1 1/4 stainless pipe and bought
SS flanges from Aircraft Spruce and Specialties for Continental Engines
(four flanges and two gaskets).  The shop was happy that I had these when I
delivered the car for exhaust fabrication. Robin Young

My
questions are:  How far behind the collectors to put the cross over tube -
does not look like much room here in front of the X frame or should we put
it
behind the X frame