[Tigers] Selling my Tiger

To: Tigerlist <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Selling my Tiger
From: PHILLIP SILK <musta32188@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 20:53:59 -0400
I tried to send this out a couple of weeks ago, but I don't think it made
it...
From: musta32188@msn.com
To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Selling my Tiger
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 21:29:02 -0400

Everyone:

I have decided to sell my Tiger.  Before I put it up on Ebay, let me share it
with all of you to see if there is some interest.

In short, it's a 1965, with what I believe are the original 260 engine and
transmission.  I have owned the car for about five years; it was disassembled
when I bought it (and it still is).  It's midnight blue, and has a very
straight body.  It is by no means perfect, and I believe it will require a
full restoration.  The previous owner had done some of the restoration about
15 years ago, painted it, and then stopped.  I have noticed that the inner
fenders have rust, as does the front of the "frames" just to the rear of the
engine compartment, as well as other areas.  I think it is largely a solid
car, but I have no doubt there is rust that lurks in places I haven't seen.
Therefore, I had planned to re-do the previous owner's work.

The interior has surface rust, but looks remarkably solid, as does the trunk.

Importantly, it has one of Mike Hokanson's amazing front suspensions that's
never been used other than to roll it into the garage: QA1 adjustable
coilovers, adjustable control arms, Flaming River rack, and fox-body Mustang
rotors with Wilwood Dynalite calipers.  It has 14x6 and 14x7 Panasports, with
new BF Goodrich tires.

I have the big parts: windshield, bumpers, hood, trunk, and most of the small
stuff, but I suspect things are missing.  There are very few interior parts
with it, and those that are would need to be replaced.  The rear end will
clearly need to be rebuilt, and the axles are just sitting in the housing, but
not secured.

I am asking $14,000, including the Hokanson front suspension as well as the
old suspension parts.

It has not been TAC'd. It does have a valid Georgia title.  I will get into
the garage this coming weekend and take some photos; email me if you're
interested.  If you want me to take a picture of something in particular, just
let me know.  I will answer all questions, and I will be candid--no rosy
picture where it's not warranted.

Thanks.

Phillip Silk

tigers@autox.team.net