Re: [Tigers] tank color

To: rande@thecia.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] tank color
From: Gary <maliburevue@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 19:07:35 -0700 (PDT)
Rande,

If your sealer is coming off, you may not have prepped your tanks properly.
It's usually the prep, not the coating.

7 years ago I stripped my tanks with muratic acid (used for swimming pools)
and coated them with white KREEM motorcycle tank sealer from JC Whitney. The
muratic acid fumes can be deadly so wear a breather. I am aware of the issue
of hydrogen embrittlement, but I have had no problems and they still look
great.

Gary