Re: [Tigers] Lockeheed Booosters at VB

To: "'Stu Brennan'" <stubrennan@comcast.net>, <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Lockeheed Booosters at VB
From: "Mike Michels" <mmichels@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 19:39:06 -0700
I have a Lockheed booster I bought from Sunbeam Specialties. I have never
been sure which size it is, since there isn't a measurement that clearly
corresponds to either 5 inch or 7 inch and no other ID. It works fine,
although I believe the boost ratio isn't as  high as the original Girling.
What info I have been able to find indicates that the Girling was 3:1 and
the Lockheeds are either 1.9:1 or 2.2:1. I wouldn't mind a bit more boost,
but it is reliable and an easy install.

I would be interested if anybody else has info on boost ratios and how to
positively identify which booster I have.