Re: [Tigers] Piston Hunt

To: "drmayf@mayfco.com" <drmayf@mayfco.com>, "tigers@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Piston Hunt
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 10:27:14 -0500
Don't know how much re-engineering you want to do, but you can get
hypereutectic pistons for GM V6's in the right diameter:
http://www.summitracing.com/search/Department/Engines-Components/Make/OLDSMOB
ILE/Part-Type/Pistons/Brand/Keith-Black-KB-Pistons/Product-Line/Keith-Black-S
ilv-O-Lite-Hypereutectic-Pistons/?autoview=SKU&page=2

I'm sure that a bit of digging would get you forged pistons for the same
application but the price would go up. They (Wiseco, etc.) make flat-top
forged pistons for VW motors in 96.5mm, but they're expensive. Smaller
diameters are cheap.

Theo