[Tigers] Last weekends British Car Day Boston

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Last weekends British Car Day Boston
From: "rande" <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 14:27:20 -0400
I want to thank everyone who could make it to BCD last Sunday. We had super
weather, mostly sun and a slight breeze.

By the time I had to leave, at noon, we had about 225 cars on display. Chief
among them were a red Alpine Series II whose owner I met for the first time,
and who lives the next town over from me, and who has owned the car for years,
he said; a Med Blue Alpine Series V whose owner I didn't get to meet, but Mr
Brennan did; a black Tiger 1A that I haven't seen in the area before;Dana and
Marlene Freemans BRG Tiger 1A that they've had since 1967, and along with David
Twomblys  Tiger 1(which he couldn't bring, but has owned since around 1971),
are the most original, spotless cars I've seen on either coast; and Stu Brennans
Tiger 1A which did arrive after he replaced all of the brake rubber parts and
sorted out another brake issue.

The usual suspects, too (MG, TR, Jaguar, A-H) but also 15-20 assorted Lotus
Europas, Exige (and a dealer-supplied Evora).

Thanks again to Stu and his family, David Kellogg, David Twombly,the Freemans,
the two owners whose names I didn't get, and to the Larz Andersen Museum staff
for ordering up such a super day for the show this year.

RB

tigers@autox.team.net