Re: [Tigers] Oil Filter hoses

To: ktisdale@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Oil Filter hoses
From: genepadgett@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 17:24:56 +0000 (UTC)
Ken, I have heard of new hoses being made by people that can make hoses for
the big rig trucking guys.B B  If there is a shop nearby that does service
work for that industry, you could see if they can help.B B  I doubt you will
find anyone can EXACTLY duplicate the cupped crimp connectors on the ends, but
what they do looksB very similar to the casual observer.

If you do go that route, they will use your meta l ends.B B  Just be sure they
get the orientation of the ends the same as inB  the originals since the
crimped ends don't swivel.

Expanding on whatB  Tony has said, i f it makes a difference between going and
not going, you can always get by with an adapter nipple to the block and a
half quart filter.B B  I have used that setup before and have Sunbeam
Specialties h eaders that were made in the 80's.B B  Just remember that all
1/2 quart filters are not the same.B  I seem to recall the Wix one is a little
thicker and may not fit or is a struggle to get on .

Good Luck!B  Gene