Re: [Tigers] Generator & Alt. bracket

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Generator & Alt. bracket
From: David or Gary <wwwdg@webtv.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 19:42:42 GMT
I went through my parts and found a Tiger Generator bracket and a Ford
bracket. I took a few photos comparing them.
My Tiger bracket is only marked with a Triangle with a "C" or "O" inside
and a "1" next to it. The Tiger bracket offset is about 11/16" closer to
the head and it is shaped a little differently.

David

Misc. bracket pictures, Tiger brkt. is always on the left.

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL439/2051017/23401185/398477547.jpg

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL439/2051017/23401185/398477548.jpg

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL439/2051017/23401185/398477549.jpg

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL439/2051017/23401185/398477550.jpg

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL439/2051017/23401185/398477551.jpg

Tiger and Ford markings.

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL439/2051017/23401185/398477552.jpg

Tiger marking close-up.

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL439/2051017/23401185/398477553.jpg

Just got a chance to read the posts on the generator bracket.
The "early" Jan. 1967 Tiger parts book shows the same Ford part numbers
and car serial ranges as the Jan 1965 book. There are two versions of
the Jan. 1967 Tiger parts book, early and later. The first version has
all the Ford part numbers, the 2nd version doesn't, the 2nd version
doesn't say revised etc. it is identical but doesn't have the Ford
numbers.
The early Jan 1967 book also shows the MKII alternator bracket: Rootes #
6100742 with Ford # C5JZ-10151-B. The MKII bracket has C5JZ-10151-B cast
into it along with 8M and a weak 3 or B NO. I have attached pictures of
the MKII.
Back to the MKI bracket, the little 1/4" threaded boss on the bracket
was originally for the oil filler tube which was on the timing gear
cover on early Fords.

David Franchi

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL439/2051017/23401185/398462195.jpg

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL439/2051017/23401185/398462196.jpg