[Tigers] removing master cylinder reservoir

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] removing master cylinder reservoir
From: "Mike Michels" <mmichels@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 12:10:04 -0700
I'm replacing a GIrling master cylinder with the plastic fluid reservoir.
Need to remove the reservoir from old cylinder and install on the new. How
to remove it? There is a plastic "hat" at the bottom center of the reservoir
which I presume covers a nut or C clip that retains the reservoir. It
doesn't come out with finger pressure, and doesn't unscrew. I don't want to
force it with pliers for fear of breaking it. Anybody run into this?

tigers@autox.team.net