Re: [Tigers] Which midget steering rack?

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Which midget steering rack?
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 19:14:08 -0700
The later Midget rack has smaller rods. As such a kit like Dale's will not
work.  If I recall correctly the kit also requires two of the same threaded
tie rod ends. Whether Dale sold the kit with them or you need to purchase
two sets (to make one) I do not know.

FYI, I have mocked up the later rack to the Tiger and have actually used the
Midget mounts to secure it. Using two Midget clamps per side with small
spaces under the bottom clamp (to position it off the crossmember) worked.
What I lacked was the adapter/extensions to connect the rods to the tie rod
ends.  Maybe some day my machinist son will... .

Tom

tigers@autox.team.net