Re: [Tigers] Voltage regulator?

To: Gary Winblad <garywinblad@comcast.net>, Jeff Holt <jeff.holt7@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Voltage regulator?
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 08:17:02 -0700 (PDT)
Gary I have had your problem on not on my Tiger but everyday autos as well over
the years. Ron is right in everything he says but what catches my attention is
your statement that the battery goes dead after a few trips around the block.
IF the battery is fully charged, as you have stated, you should be able to
drive several miles with the head lights off-- less of course the more
accessories that are running. Its a guess but I think you may well have a dead
cell in your battery. Naturaly you want to check the VR but as Ron said if you
are getting 13-15 volts at the battery with the engine running, it isnt the
charging syestem and the battery will show a full charge on the chargers meter
even with a dead cell IIRC. Auto Zone and most of these type parts stores will
put a load tester on the battery free of charge. Good luck and let us know what
the problem was- especially since Lucas is involved.
regards, TtT