Re: [Tigers] bolts and hardware

To: Randy Smith <Randy@InnerQuestOnline.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] bolts and hardware
From: Allan Ballard <allanballard@att.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 11:59:15 -0400
I took a broken over rider bolt to the best ACE in this area and they ordered
carriage bolts
in the length needed.

The only difference from the factory bolts is that they don't have a square
head to hold the bolt securely within
the over rider while tightening but they do have a domed end, enabling the
rubber part to
fit nicely.

However since they are new I was able to tighten them easily.

Good luck!

Allan Ballard
Mk1a Tiger
SIV Alpine

On Oct 28, 2011, at 10:23 AM, Randy Smith wrote:

> Jim-
>
> I have not looked for these specific bolts, but you might try
> McMaster-Carr.  You can order from them online and they have most anything.
>
> www.mcmaster.com/
>
> -Randy
>
> On 10/28/2011 8:34 AM, Rollright@aol.com wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> After going to my local Ace hardware store and finding they didn't have
>> about half of what I need for my bumper project, I'm asking:
>>
>> Can I get suggestions for online hardware/fastener suppliers, please?
I'm