Re: [Tigers] Off Topic: Want to buy a new '65 Mustang Convertible?

To: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Off Topic: Want to buy a new '65 Mustang Convertible?
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 21:06:07 -0600
If anyone were to make tooling for new alpine/tiger chassis, I would hope that
they would also take the time to make some improvements to the structure so
that stress cracks can be avoided. In doing so, the end result is going to be
distinguishable from a Rootes product, even if the exterior and interior is an
exact match. Using component panels from such a venture to repair an original
Tiger would be the same as using any other source of sheetmetal... If you
replace enough stuff then it can no longer be said to be a Rootes manufactured
chassis.

Unfortunately I don't think this is a problem we're going to be faced with
anytime in the near future.

Cheers,
Theo

(http://editorial.autos.msn.com/blogs/autosblogpost.aspx?post=62e4d9a0-963a-4