[Tigers] OT: 5 Bolt Bellhousing for a C4 Automatic trans

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] OT: 5 Bolt Bellhousing for a C4 Automatic trans
From: Larry Mayfield <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 18:29:30 -0800
A lot of you folk regularly hit the junque yardes. Pahrump has one
located in the way north of town on an axle breaker and tire killer
road. In any case, I am looking for a Bell housing from a C4 automatic
trans. A 5 bolt early variety that will fit the 260 block.  I have a C4
but it has a 6 bolt bell housing. I want the bell housing to mate to the
engine so that I can use it to support the rear of the 260 motor  that
is currently in the build process when I run it on a run stand.  If you
happen to see one or ask when you visit the breaker's yard and find one,
lemme know, please?  There is one on ebay but they only want 500 bucks
for it and that simply does not fit my budget at all, lol... cheaper is
better!

Thanks

mayf

--