Re: [Tigers] A Second Tiger List?

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] A Second Tiger List?
From: Paul Memont <prmnes@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 12:27:38 -0500
I am one who always dreamed of owning a Tiger!  I had the chance for a
nice one and bought it.  Very nice original in very nice condition.  The
only thing I did that was not original was to have the radiator re-cored
with a more efficient design.  Because it was in very good original
condition I didn't want to make many changes, just my feelings and
unwillingness to possibly bring down the value.  I also am over 6'3" and
it was a tight fit, more aches and pains, and new body parts for me made
it hard to get into!  I also developed a fear of getting into an
accident or someone stealing it.  I bought it from someone on this list
and sold it to someone on this list.  I think if money was not a concern
I might have hung on to it forever and changed some things but kept the
original parts so if I sold it to someone who believes in keeping things
straight and original they would have the option to go back.

To make a long story longer I admire most those Tigers that have been
modified with modern engines and the like.  If I had purchased a Tiger
with a blown engine or one that needed lots of work I think I would have
gone the other route.  For that passion I use my Land Rover I've had for
about 25 years.  It's a Hybrid, a 71 Land Rover on the frame and
drive-line of a Range Rover, tilt nose and everything to my liking and
performance specs.  I'm not one bit afraid to take it off road or if
someone bumps into it I can just change out the damaged part, no loss of
value.

Paul

tigers@autox.team.net