[Tigers] Headlights-Non tiger

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Headlights-Non tiger
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 11:47:49 -0500 (EST)
I like the idea of Tigers having sealed beams. My experience with
non-sealed beams is that the power of the bulb doesn't matter as much as the
optic
design of the plastic lens...and I think they are all  plastic  now.  The
large Fords ..ie...LTD's, Mercury Marquis etc.  were  horrible. I had occasion
to ride with cops in LTD's and they had their high  beams on in the city as
much as possible. Later I owned a Merc. Marquis  and it was the same
thing...... horrible.  I had the lights  re-aimed to factory specs and still
horrible. I tried 100W high beams and no  improvement. At the same time my
Volvo
240 had the best factory lights  (55W) that I have ever seen. Maybe it has
something to do with the 240 and  it's lens being almost flat in front of the
bulb.  It must be one major  task for the factory to get light to focus
with the swooping shape of today's  headlights.
Mark L

tigers@autox.team.net