Re: [Tigers] Paint Code 86 - Forest Green & Paint Selection

To: "'Brian Glenn'" <ora_archy@yahoo.com>, "'Tiger Forum'"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Paint Code 86 - Forest Green & Paint Selection
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 21:04:27 -0500
Brian
        Those are the numbers for paint code 86; the only add to those
numbers is an ICI 3799.   None of them are current but one of them should
give them a reference point.

If your paint guy is recommending a line of paint go with that; it is what
he is familiar with painting.
I have used PPG product with no problems.

I have never used any of the water base paints.   I believe any problems
with them is mostly the problem of getting use to a new system of paint.   I
had a great deal of problems with base coat, clear coat until I learned the
new to me system.

I see you have 4 Tigers.  If any of them have the original engine or you
have the parts of the original engine.  I'm conducting an Original Tiger
Engine Study from a Ford parts point of view.

Please contact me off list.

Ron Fraser