Re: [Tigers] "vent window assembly" removal

To: <Rollright@aol.com>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] "vent window assembly" removal
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 15:25:24 -0400
Cc: onegonefish@comcast.net, todbrown@roadrunner.com
Jim
        There are 2-#10 screws in the door waist Chrome finisher; remove
them.  I think the vent window assemble will just pull up now.  You may want
to remove the door panel to confirm this.

There are a total of 6 more small screws that hold the finisher to the glass
frame.  2 screws are at the front edge of the glass frame, 2 screws on the
under side of the finisher, not sure these need to be removed, and 2 screws
under the felt window channel which holds an "L" bracket. You should be able
to see these 2 screws through the channel or you may need to remove the
channel to get at them.  The finisher will now come out and the glass pulled
out the bottom of the glass frame.

Those 6 small screw will be the biggest problem; they are probably well
corroded solid.  Hopefully yours will just turn out.  I have used straight
ATF as a penetrating oil with great success; sometimes I have soaked parts
in ATF overnight and easily turned bolts out.

Work slow and try not to break any of the small screws.

Ron Fraser