Re: [Tigers] New Guy Questions

To: <michael@michaelshortt.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] New Guy Questions
From: <cars@wt-inc.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 07:58:43 -0700
See answers below

-----Original Message-----
From: tigers-bounces@autox.team.net [mailto:tigers-bounces@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of michael@michaelshortt.com
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2012 7:11 PM
To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] New Guy Questions

I would like to ask some general questions to aid me in my search.

1.  what are the most desirable Tigers?
        --The best one you can afford with little to no rust.

2. What price could one expect to find this at in #2 & #3 condition.
While a #1 is nice, I drive my cars.
        --Low 20s to high 40s will get you a pretty nice car.  I would never
sell my car for that but others do.  There are several that have gone for
over 100k
        --try to find one that is TAC'd just for peace of mind.  Or can be
verified as a Tiger

3. Are modifications frowned upon ( in Pantera land, the true odd ball is
the stock car, I know of 2 in existence). --To some yes. To most no.  A
stock tiger with a 260 and a close ratio transmission is not too fun to
drive in my mind.
What are the most common mods?
--Motor to varying degrees.  Modify the existing or a 302 crate motor
--cooling options (you are familiar with those I'm sure with your Pantera)
--LAT options
--rims and tires
--wide ratio trans
--Dale A. make a pretty awesome front end

4. Most popular colors? ( I think I want BRG with blk int and top) --Just
know that the Tiger BRG does not look like the classic BRG  (my opinion).
Paint it any color you want.  Mine is 1992 Jeep Cherokee Colorado red

Thanks,

Michael Shortt