[Tigers] Seat bolts

To: Tiger e-mail List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Seat bolts
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 23:54:37 -0700
The two basic bolts in the Tiger seats are the backrest pivot bolts and
the bolts that support the locking and spring mechanisms.  I don't have
the OEM print available but I use a 1/2-16 tap on my seats for the pivot
bolts.  This accepts the OEM bolts and Rick's replacements.  The other
three bolts are 1/4-28 x 2.5" long.  The OEM bolts have threads all the
full length of these flat head bolts.  I use standard flat head socket
bolts to replace them which allows the mechanisms to pivot on the solid
portion of the bolt above the threads, reducing wear.  Rick also sells
the 5/16-24 bolts with the Truss heads to attach the top semi-circular
portion of the locking mechanism to the backrest and the peg that the
spring loaded lever presses on, that mounts on the opposite side.  As
far as I know, no one makes or sells replacements for these pegs.

--
Tom Hall
ModTiger Engineering LLC