Re: [Tigers] Successful Car Shipping Experience with BATS Motorsports

To: fastsage@cox.net, tigers@autox.team.net, batsmotorsports@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Successful Car Shipping Experience with BATS Motorsports
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 13:03:19 -0400 (EDT)
That was me. I had BATS ship my Formula Ford out from Florida. I'm glad
they treated you right.
Mike

In a message dated 4/16/2012 12:15:22 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
fastsage@cox.net writes:

Hello  Sunbeamers:
A couple of weeks ago I posted a question about anyone having  had a good
car shipping experience. Someone (I apologize but don't  remember who)
said they'd used BATS Motorsports. So I did, and had a great  experience
with them from start to finish.

My "new" 1985 Mazda RX7  GLS-SE got here on the exact day promised. The
drivers, Julian and another  guy who's name I didn't get unfortunately,
were friendly, courteous and  showed me a great early Ford on the truck
too.  I paid just a couple  of hundred extra for a closed truck, above
what it would have cost for an  open truck, and the price was very
reasonable.

When I called BATS,  I got Karen, one of the owners. She was very helpful
and friendly too, and  set up the transport for me by the next day. Karen
and her husband own  BATS and they are an actual trucking company, not a
broker. Karen gave me  Julian's cell number (the driver) and I
coordinated directly with  him.

Since BATS doesn't do any advertising, just word of mouth, here's  their
number (and Karen's) for anyone who needs to ship a car: 541  980-5885.

I'm also copying this to Karen at BATS as a thanks to her for  a great
shipping experience.

Now I just have to figure out how to  fix some of the things on my "new"
car that I wasn't expecting (what did I  expect, right?). Maybe I should
have bought something newer this time. Oh  well. (But the shipping
experience was great).

Steve  Sage