[Tigers] FYI Transmission Availability

To: Tiger e-mail List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] FYI Transmission Availability
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 17:55:18 -0700
While ordering a new Ford Racing spec T5 transmission for my last Tiger
5 speed customer, I made some important discoveries you may want to know
about. First, Tremec has raised their T5 prices considerably (about
$350, effective early February) and they have let the supply chain go
essentially dry. This means that very few are in stock at the normal
distributors. Second, they are apparently moving their production
operation from Mexico to India. I dont know if this is necessarily a
good thing quality wise, and I suspect delays and back orders are going
to be much more commonplace.

I purchased and received six of the existing T5's from the Mexican
production. So if youve been considering moving up to one of my T5 five
speed Tiger transmission kits, now is the time to send me a deposit to
claim one of these six. I dont know when I will be able to get any more
of these transmissions and the quality will be an unknown. Yes I do have
to charge more for these as I had to pay a premium to get these six.

--
Tom Hall
ModTiger Engineering LLC