Re: [Tigers] Exhaust Manifold Issues

To: Carlo Bernardino <crbdino@me.com>,tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Exhaust Manifold Issues
From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2012 04:09:05 -0400
At 01:15 AM 5/8/2012, Carlo Bernardino wrote:
 >Dear Tiger Gurus,
 >I was enjoying the Monterey weather this weekend and chasing down
 >porsches when the engine started sounding rough. I short shifted home
 >and popped the boot. Low and behold my exhaust manifold had ejected a
 >number of bolts. So much for bolts being seized on the manifold.
 >Anyway, I suspect I need to replace the gasket and bolts. So some
 >questions for the gurus:

Lad, the 'boot' is the trunk.  You popped the hood if you were
looking at the engine.  (A panoply of 1960's VW Bug jokes pop into my
mind -- I only did around 100,000 miles in Alpines and other Rootes
Group cars but I did about 600,000 miles in air-cooled VeeDubs, back
in the day.)

If you popped the boot and saw the engine, well, it is time to check
in for some medical assistance on your meds.  <he grins>

Marc

It is a good world for doing good deeds.
-- Nathaniel the Faun