[Tigers] Shelby story

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Shelby story
From: "Kirk Smith" <twotigers@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 18:35:09 -0700
For those of you that doubt that Shelby had much interest in Tigers.

In 1993, CAT was sharing a track day at Willow Springs with the Cobra club.
Shelby was there raising money for his heart fund, ten bucks at a time,
signing pictures and signs and whatever you brought him.  I waited until
things died down, then drove my Tiger to where Shelby was.  I was expecting
a quick flick of the wrist and on to the next autograph, but Shelby and I
talked Tiger for what seemed like 5 minutes, although I'm sure it was closer
to a couple of minutes.  The whole time we're surrounded by Cobra club guys,
Shelby is making comments like, "This is really a nice Tiger", "I'd rather
drive a Tiger any day", "Tigers drive better than Cobras".  I never once
thought it was a put on.we were surrounded by Cobra owners!  Carroll Shelby
dug Tigers!!