Re: [Tigers] Shelby prototype

To: Buck Trippel <BuckTrippel@Verizon.net>, "cars@wt-inc.com" <cars@wt-inc.com>, "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Shelby prototype
From: Douglas Lyle <douglasalyle@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 20:33:13 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1337225593; bh=XZNC8sXEUOjKdvmZl9tsFsIPJRLT3jZaFXaNDw9Fqmg=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=JmEXTzCe+mMqqeeTDYPKofYMkebKlT/MvCNn0VWIK8vrevlernUCdFhzaW+FWcmx+9MhqaYG5TjM2htZ9nd+LhOPO1jqjc/dhoO2GVhVKyIHvEF79ha+NdAmq6uD3sML6mbbKaX/liCSRE5j7BwUIuIHr64LUTCZMNxDgFzCfBU= s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=dD1SEXEYTtBnhzjwxrWnoo14y4BYVo3F/uNjrB7jrVY8odRo4qnVa7dDqGd5+J4RegypkATrf1fl/nK+FAg3uD6yBmB+YabEfl/i3WjZSegCO6gaiAGjB1qCDD5q/T1x0M63RPrfL780geCwtvDL5p2FhNHHAAFdJMXe7/ybh/E=;
Sender: tigers-bounces@autox.team.net
I've still got it here in Morgan Hill.  Would have been nice to get it down to
the Queen Mary but the schedule didn't allow.   Buck, now that you mention it
I think I may be able to incorporate diapers in to an engine rebuild.  Yeah, I
think I can talk the significant other in to that.

The car runs great as is
but smokes quite a bit.  That combined with 11.5:1 compression means that I
don't drive it on extended trips.  I do take it around town quite a bit
though.  I'm in the process of trying to locate a 260 with similar date
coding.  I've actually come fairly close but am still looking.  Keep in mind
this should be the early 260 with 6" spacing between the motor mounts.  Those
are a little harder to locate.

Doug Lyle