Re: [Tigers] TOTALLY RESTORED

To: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] TOTALLY RESTORED
From: Cullen McCann <cmccann1972@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 07:02:03 -0500
Cc: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=references:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-transfer-encoding :content-type:message-id:cc:x-mailer:from:subject:date:to; bh=VWATzAO60BBc4Zfg6/4qKepB4IrdauaP78kxHQD2WtQ=; b=AJQfLVOL6xgfTNix9XSXt0OHD2fvFFIWotae6PJQ1Zi2a2zvQw9MWlEWqvdMKAHWJu JB3MtCcfMap+NqKo9pSwH5kJOL2vBTqxri+/Z4AOMXYVSz/Zsbxt0xTOrpkKf6Z6dFWn gnLkES1+/bS0b4xruYREbV9doGxDPZvSB9qRcsmhQdv/vF4V/RseXRHxiwep6mt+Wzuh LBErWJYx0myR3jfEVUuS8/el9o9qzHJWuqkqN/CXsVnA2FJSM+pzevTsd6m0NMYN9G/K ic2cb48VXREjnNux6tgv+QgSDG9e2PfEUsoeq8+ji7iBFwy0DKQxYW8Syat8ZNCzv0iz Qk8Q==
Sender: tigers-bounces@autox.team.net
Sorry guys, I'm still not completely following what's being said here. Can
someone please clarify for me?
I realize that the Vin tag is a reproduction, and I understand that that is
never good, especially in tiger, but are we also saying that this tiger is not
authentic? People on the list go around and around about originality.
regardless of what people state in discussions, the preference on originality
or the pursuit of a perfect restoration is purely a matter of opinion. Many
people on this list have mildly modified tigers, with such equipment as
radiators, custom steering wheels, chrome headlight rings, engine dress-up
kits or rims. As we all know, modifications don't make a tiger less authentic,
they just make it less original, and arguably less valuable.

While I would completely avoid a tiger with a reproduction vin plate because
of it's obvious tainted nature in the eyes of the community, is this car an
Alger?

Thanks, Cullen
Alpine 260

Sent from my iPad