Re: [Tigers] Aftermarket Oil Filter Remote

To: Nathan Johnson <vesselofgrace@hotmail.com>, "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Aftermarket Oil Filter Remote
From: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 09:08:19 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=pacbell.net; s=s1024; t=1338480499; bh=RkxDXwQE36J6cN/D9kg+6SN9KY1NG2XHZTHzF78fvnI=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=oRDDL89TMydGxQAx6gYxLlo/WTqXhXm7z0aR78TSvCAaClihbUyHG967N9nc6lSgYRZG7qfZVz/mn1KovlEx/2GaEMNnf66dh+B0ZqckJPxxmLo9TnJ1kD5OxpK5ypvx7yrSK6+8/L0Si9kzxrV7kUumAiT3BJDhzqOySr+9MDk= s=s1024; d=pacbell.net; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=mt8F62SzCPtt/rsh5yh/DfNxlI6Y9IPpl9j8Lh1pLnTgPcrz8x5Zug/WS5WOFlsfBhW6CFSm6xt7iFiLd+ghBGvW4k+uGr7dZuwafe2LUHL6/s/Y87Jj5uh/pCzREKps+lZrTXUHefnRj+7UpiTrZjH4jRsb7B543E3ja+EywoU=;
Sender: tigers-bounces@autox.team.net
Nathan

I made one out of a Canton racing filter from a spare out of another car. While
it doesn't look old it allows you to changes filters from the TOP and fits
nicely on the block for more room. Made the bracket out of a small piece of
aluminum that was copied from the head pattern (with a cardboard template). It
was really easy with the jig saw. Drill a couple of holes and done. The bracket
was a fancy billet one that Canton sells for the filters but they have the band
clamps at a much lower price.

For the filter adapter I have both the Canton which is a very good part but I
suspect it will be too thick as other may have mentioned, but thier is another
one that is made that is thiner, off hand can't remember the site but can dig
it
up. Was a nice billet part, but can't remeber the place as it was one of those
names like "Performance Products" or "Competition Products" and it's impossible
to find on the web as the name is so generic ;)

Here is the link to the work I did, you can also see the adapter on the engine
in one of the pics-

http://www.gtsparkplugs.com/TigerEngine.html

Sandy