Re: [Tigers] Sunbeam Clutch Release Fork

To: Karl Adey <sunbeamkarl@hotmail.com> s=q20121106; t=1353531457; bh=B0zjmLRPpvALTjgoRVImT1J+9/LeEhk+oZhZX0qjya8=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=GIV6T/UEr4REQlCl0gu9mIVKO8DjuwH0IZdgwHaIjc+PKu+Im+bmCHsMfzo0Fz4SR x57Pnk09PiHMm3Ln6U9KIKDMY+xIS7cLDFkIEWu9LH7RwAQsl1SNfTyEo9yv5U+9KY OF4G/V6tCHlk1NnOnrascwlkhsUGqU8ImMhQveOLXEe84YoJtI4YHsH0Q4AQmRxLAa pIfDqJsToeI42yLLmoc002bcwrTSaykIfZYsB3GthWfsKcok8oq04kjqy8NI6T9My2 0igqHqz9PIIl/YKfB4I6uii9s1zn6UqTh11ls2qQxp89BFRBfBcPqtP9JC7BjF9wsY zhhNcEkT0u9zQ==
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Sunbeam Clutch Release Fork
From: genepadgett@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 20:57:36 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: The LIST Post <tigers@autox.team.net>
Karl,

Along with the others you have talked to, I also encourage you to go with a
diaphragm style replacement clutch. A lot of people seem to like the one that
Centerforce makes. That is what I have used and am quite happy. No affiliation.

I am assuming you are pulling the engine and trans to replace the clutch. There
is a way to replace it without doing that, but I for one have tried it and
don't particularly recommend it for the do-it-yourselfer.

I would recommend that you replace the clutch pivot bracket in the bell housing
if you can while doing the clutch. The factory one is a pretty weak piece and
is riveted in place. They have been known to break. Stronger ones are available
and mount with bolts. Hate to see you have to go to all the removal trouble
again later just to replace a broken pivot bracket.

Gene