Re: [Tigers] brake finish...HELLO?

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] brake finish...HELLO?
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 19:57:53 -0700
It somewhat depends on the wheels you have. Aluminum wheels with smaller
spokes show the drum more; if you want the drums to be out of sight then
satin or matte is the way to go. The lower gloss finishes will also hide
surface imperfections better.

Any good high temperature paint will do nicely. The various engine
paints (you can get them in low-gloss or flat black) should be good at
the temperatures your drums will see. The beadblasting should provide a
great prep surface, just make sure you get all the blasting dust off -
wipe the drums with enamel reducer, lacquer thinner, or the like, before
painting.

I have to do something like this to the inner bell (hat) on my rear discs.
Theo