[Tigers] off topic again - Dean Jeffries

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] off topic again - Dean Jeffries
From: "rande" <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 06:42:30 -0500
Jerry,
I have no information about a possible animosity between Mr. Barris and Mr.
Jeffries. What I know is that the listing for the Monkeemobile on
www.wikipedia.org
and other sites show what now is Dean Jeffries Auto Styling (3077 Cahuenga Blvd
West, L.A.90068) as the fabricator, and that Barris now has the car in his
possession.

Obviously, both companies were in the same business (customizing cars for
Hollywood
productions)

I can personally verify that the car was parked outside the Dean Jeffries firm
for years, in the early 1970's.

If you have an interest in the story, and you'd like to report on it, Dean
Jeffries
and George Barris are still around, and possibly Jim Wangers in Michigan, who
was the Pontiac advertising rep and may have had something to do with the choice
of the Pontiac GTO as the starting point for the MM.

Rande Bellman